Black Belt Curriculum
Can someone master Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu? Is there an end to the Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu journey?
The Gracie Barra Black Belt Program is the last stage in GBâs adult program structure. While it does represent the studentâs arrival at the ultimate level of training in our school, it also represents a new beginning.
The goal of this program is to further develop the studentâs BJJ game flow by exposing him or her to cutting edge Jiu-Jitsu techniques and their variations. The programâs dynamic curriculum and classes, followed by hour-long live training sessions, build a challenging yet safe environment for students to progress from their blue to black belts.
It is in the Black Belt Program that most students truly grasp what theyâve been told since being white belts: Jiu-Jitsu is an endless journey of daily accomplishments that always leads to a new challenge. The same old arm-bars, triangle chokes, fireman carries, Kimuras, sweeps, guard passes and single leg take downs gain new meaning as their BJJ game flow is defined.
Gracie Barra students enrolled in the Black Belt Program are role models at our schools. The responsibility of sharing GB techniques and training philosophy with newer students is taken seriously. They play a key role in maintaining a safe, friendly and progress-oriented environment at our school.
“There is no losing in Jiu-Jitsu. You either win or you learn.” -Carlos Gracie Jr.
Benefits of Joining our Black Belt Program
- Define your BJJ game flow
- Learn cutting-edge BJJ techniques
- Achieve greater physical fitnessTrain with the best training partners in our school
- Train for two hours straight
- Start developing your teaching skills
- Train at over 100 different locations in United States and 300 worldwide
- Free access to the schoolâs events and special classes
“When the journey is more important then the destination, you have become a GB Black Belt.”
When you come to the black belt classes you can be sure of one thing: you will train a lot! Practice typically lasts two hours and although you are welcome to rest or leave early if you feel like it, the instructors will always encourage you to stay until the end of the class. The No Gi class adds an extra element of challenge and helps students improve balance and control, enhancing their overall skills.
The powerhouse of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Tradition Teachings
- 600 Schools Spread Worldwide
- Focus on Individual Development
- Largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Organization in the World
- World Class Training for Individuals, Families & Law Enforcement Officials