Should a girl know how to fight? Why should a female be part of Gracie Barra?
Aside from all classes offered in the Adults Gracie Barra Program Structure, our school offers a set of classes designed to introduce women to the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu.
As a martial art designed to allow the weaker to defeat the stronger, BJJ is a perfect fit for women who are interested in learning how to protect themselves ? and who wouldnât be, right?
The Gracie Barra Womenâs Program combines a comprehensive self-defense curriculum with emphasis on drills that simulate realistic attack and escape situations.
The techniques are complemented by a strong fitness component that is second to none compared to classes offered in regular gyms.
Classes specially designed for women like Rape Prevention, BJJ Conditioning and social âget togethersâ are added benefits to the ordinary GB activities and create a strong bond between the members of the âGracie Barra Pink Team.â
“A black belt is a white belt who never quits.” -Carlos Gracie Jr.
Benefits of Joining our Womens Program
- Learn how to protect yourself from most common attacks
- Develop awareness and self-confidence to deal with typical assaults against women
- Increase focus, energy and concentration
- Increase self-confidence
- Enjoy significant gains in overall fitness level
- Become part of the âGB Familyâ
- Train in over 100 different locations in United States and 300 worldwide
- Free access to the schoolâs events and special classes
“One in six girls will be subjected to sexual assault in their lifetime.” -RAINN
Youâll notice a very positive and friendly environment when you enter our school. Although martial arts can be intimidating for women, this class is definitely not intimidating. You will find a group of girls, some of them wearing a pink GB uniform, who are excited to be there and excited to have you there. The instructor will run several basic drills and after a few classes you will catch up with the rest of the group. Once you master the basics you will really enjoy the intensity of a class based on effective self-defense techniques and real life scenarios.
The powerhouse of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
- Tradition Teachings
- 600 Schools Spread Worldwide
- Focus on Individual Development
- Largest Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Organization in the World
- World Class Training for Individuals, Families & Law Enforcement Officials